Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links in which I receive commissions. The reviews and opinions expressed in this article are my own.
Whether you’re just starting out in the eCommerce world or looking to grow your business this year, finding the right platform for your online business can be daunting. While there are many options out there, let’s dive into two big players to help narrow it down – BigCommerce and Shopify.
Most likely Shopify sounds more familiar because you’ve heard the name numerous times, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the right choice. BigCommerce is no stranger to the eCommerce world and is one of the leading open SaaS eCommerce platforms for mid-market and enterprise brands. Since 2009, they have supported thousands of B2B and B2C companies around the world, revolutionizing the way people shop, work, and live.
Many would actually say that BigCommerce has the Upper hand!
- Business owners are saving roughly $6,000 – $20,000 per year in-app subscription costs with BigCommerce.
- BigCommerce supports 55+ payment gateways with no additional transaction fees.
- Shopify’s credit card processing rates depend on using their native payment gateway (Shopify Payments). You will also incur additional transaction fees if you choose to use a different provider. Transaction fee ranges from 2% (on Shopify Basic) to 0.5% (on Shopify Advanced).
- Best-in-class SEO features include customizable URL links to improve search ranks and the ability to set the default URL structure for products and categories on the store level and still modify individual products and categories.
- Shopify and BigCommerce both have response themes and include a content delivery network (CDN) to help deliver photos and other files based on the location of the visitor. However, BigCommerce merchants also have Akamai Image Manager automatically enabled on all Stencil themes. This feature automatically resizes images to the best combination of size, quality, and file format suited for each image and device.
Check out even more information on BigCommerce vs. Shopify here.
In the end, BigCommerce has one core product: its ecommerce platform. BigCommerce fully reinvests in the platform it powers, allocating all engineering and service resources to maintaining the best cloud-based, multi-channel solution in the industry.
For more information, check out BigCommerce for your business needs and start your 14-Day free trial today!
You can also request a demo here!